Alumni information and news
We hope you are well and looking forward to returning to College or work, if you have been affected by lockdown.
Here are some more places you can find help.
Shaftesbury Alumni team
Search for courses and training online and get advice on qualifications and funding from:
- the National Careers Service (England)
- My World of Work (Scotland)
- Careers Wales
- Careers Service Northern Ireland
You can find free courses to help develop your digital and numeracy skills for work on ‘The Skills Toolkit’.
Courses range from beginner to advanced level. You can learn how to:
- use computers and online tools confidently
- stay safe online (cyber security)
- write computer programs using code
More help finding training or apprenticeships
You can also get help with:
- finding and applying for an apprenticeship
- English, maths and IT skills
- agricultural and farming training
Help with learning costs
There are different types of funding:
- grants and bursaries - these do not have to be paid back
- Learner Support - for people 19 or over
- Advanced Learning Loans - for people 24 or over
- loans for work-related training from your employer
- Events coming up
Virtual Open Day about Apprenticeships at Uxbridge College. Students and parents welcome to attend.
Open day for Apprenticeship programmes held on Tuesday 30th March from 6-7pm.
Opportunities in: Catering, Mechanic, Hairdressing, Childcare, Customer Service & many more!
HCUC Apprenticeships & Skills. - Find the right apprenticeship subject that will kick-start your future.
The apprenticeships are focused on the core skillsets that are in high demand in the industry.
The programmes are designed to help the learner start or progress in their professional career.
Here is the link to register:-
Activities For Home
Below are links for the Resilience activities please feel free to use them.
There are also 'Alumni Answer' videos sharing the advice of former students from Future First schools across the UK, focusing on different aspects of resilience and tackling the challenges students are currently facing. Each video has an activity and worksheet which can be completed at home.