Jackie O'Hanlon is our Family Liaison Advisor. Jackie works with families to support them whilst their children are students at Shaftesbury.
Jackie also signposts families to external agencies for help with benefits and housing support.
A brief description of Jackie's role within the school:
- provide intensive support and advice to young people who attend Shaftesbury and their families.
- help to enable parents, carers and their children to access a range of appropriate services and other agencies to enhance and improve the quality of life for their families before they leave Shaftesbury
- work directly with families and young people in a confidential and non-judgemental way, empowering young people to get the most of the educational opportunities available
- work alongside staff, parents, carers and young people to help identify early intervention with the involvement of specialist services and other agencies
- support families and young people with clear transition information from Children's Services to Adult Services and on to further education
Local community events
For local community events that you might be interested in attending, please click here.