At Shaftesbury High School we like to encourage volunteers from our local and wider community. We believe that all volunteers are important as they bring with them a wide range of skills and experiences which they can use and put into practice whilst working with the children. We also have volunteers who are completing college/university courses that require them to stay for the duration of their placement in a special needs school. The types of activities that volunteers can be engaged in include:
- Working with small groups of pupils
- Working alongside individual children
- Working with children on computers
- Undertaking art and craft activities
- Accompanying school visits
- Providing positive role models and one to one support
- Supporting independence skills such as eating at lunchtime
- Supporting children to play during playtimes.
If you are interested in volunteering at Shaftesbury please read our Volunteer policy .
Please contact adminoffice@shaftesbury.