If you would like to discuss any of the events & courses below, to ask for advice & guidance or to arrange a home visit please contact Jackie, our Family Liaison Advisor at Shaftesbury on
020 8428 2482 ext 236, on her mobile phone on 07714 182042 or by email: email@example.com
This page is for parents and carers of students at Shaftesbury. Information about E-Safety, out of term activities and events at Shaftesbury, such as Parent Coffee Mornings, will be made available here.
If you have any concerns about E-Safety or would like to know more about the risks young people might face online please clickor click on the purple E-Safety button on the menu to the left of your screen.
A brief description of Jackie’s role within the school:
- I provide intensive support and advice to young people and their families who attend Shaftesbury High School.
- I help enable parents, carers and their children to access a range of appropriate services and other agencies which will enhance and improve the quality of life for those families before they leave Shaftesbury High School.
- I work directly with families and the young people in a confidential and non-judgemental way, empowering young people to get the most out of the educational opportunities available.
- I work alongside staff, parents, carers and the young people to help identify early intervention with the involvement of specialist services and other agencies.
- I support the families and the young people with clear transition information from Children’s Services to Adult Services and on to further education.
Guide to travelling with children and individuals with autism
Aer Lingus have produced a guide to travelling with children and individuals with autism. Please clickto view the guide.
For more information click.
We are very excited to announce that we will now be holding overnight breaks every month throughout 2019!
Please see our January-March booking form.
If you would like to book onto our Go Wild: Overnight Breaks, please complete the attached form and return to us ASAP to secure your place.
Don’t worry the January-March Booking Form for all the rest of the clubs is coming soon, this will be sent out to you within the next two weeks.
On-going and long-term events & clubs and information
The All In Activity Hub have produced a flyer showing the events they offer. Clickto view the flyer in PDF.
New* group for adults on the autism spectrum
Third Tuesday of the month from 7pm until 9pm
CAAS are delighted to be able to announce that we’ve managed to secure funding to add another group to our adult autism services. We will be offering a therapeutic/social group thanks to funding from London Catalyst and the Hospital Saturday Fund through their Partners in Health Initiative.
*The group had been run by the NAS in Harrow for many years but was unfortunately due to end. Several adults approached CAAS and asked if we’d be able to support the group and it was a resounding yes from us. We’d support the group from unrestricted funding until such time we could secure funding, which happily happened very quickly indeed.
The group will, like our other adult autism groups, be facilitated by Janet Gothelf, a highly specialised psychotherapist.
It will meet every second month at our Centre where a therapeutic discussion group will take place from 7pm till 9pm. It will allow a space where individuals can discuss any issues in their lives, their worries and anxieties in a safe, non-judgmental environment. Discussions will focus on issues impacting attendees lives on a daily basis.
On alternative months there will be a social outing which will be predetermined by the group. This will allow individuals to get together in a safe, pre-planned activity supported by a therapist and facilitator.
New attendees should contact the centre before attending.
For enquires please call 0207 837 8066 or email .